Getting Situated.

The time has finally come and I am now in Newton Aycliffe sitting in my new office. Of course I got the desk by the window because who could resist glancing out every now and then and seeing green grass and tall trees. It is such a drastic change to the Texas heat and dying grass.

My team and I have started planning for going into schools next week. This week we have meetings with head teachers to establish our schedules. We are so excited for what God is going to do this year. During training, they explained that in the british school system, teaching religion is a requirement. So who better to teach it than missionaries? I could not believe how open schools are to religion. I think about the states and how we pride ourselves on freedom and yet while in training I felt as if someone was going to slap my wrists if I said the word God in schools. It is different but it is a GOOD different.

My team is so great. I don't think I could have asked for a better one. We all get along great and although we are different we all compliment each other and so far are working together very well. I love that no matter how different we are we still have the same goal in mind and we are here for the same purpose. I enjoy getting to know them more and more each day and boy do we have fun!




I am so blessed to be at the Xcel Church. God really knew what He was doing. lol This place is amazing! I can feel the presence of God in the room when His people gather here to worship. One of the coolest things is that on Sunday morning they have 3 services at 3 locations and then on Sunday night all 3 locations come together and have a completely new service. I am amazed at the amount of energy and work that goes into a Sunday and yet people are just so happy and excited to be in the house of God. 

This year is going to be fantastic. We have already discussed our vision for the year and the legacy that we want to leave behind. I am super excited about this year and what God is going to do at Xcel Church and the schools and community that surround it. 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest Gallery

Like us

Tweet Tweet

Instagram Shots

Search This Blog

Back
to top