So I have decided to do a blog series on a Pais teaching known as the Kingdom Principles. They say that to teach is to learn twice so I am hoping that as I explain what I know to be God's heart for these principles I hope to learn about them even more so that I can write them on my heart over and over again.
Before I start with the first Kingdom Principle I have to first explain about the Cloud and the Line. This is something that has challenged my thinking so much over the past 2 years. So many "christians" believe that they are living in the cloud, however when you take away all the sunday fancy dress and rehearsed prayers you realize that most of our "christian" world is living on the line. Let me explain what I mean.
- How far can I go with my boyfriend before I get in trouble?
- You can't watch any R rated movies...only PG13.
- Are you working on the sabbath????
- If I give my 10% tithe every week God has to bless me.
- If I do all these good deeds then God has to bless me.
- How many good things do I need to do so that God will forgive me or won't be mad at me?
As I sit here writing this I am given the image of a brand new mother. When she is first holding her precious baby in her arms she looks on them with adoration and unconditional love. I am then given the image of God the father doing this as He carefully formed us in our mother's womb. I am reminded about what is says in Psalm 139:13-16, 18
There are people in the world today being killed for their faith. If this were happening in the US today would you be one that would not waver when asked to deny God or die?