Reaping the Harvest



During my time at NORTHchurch I have spent several months building relationships with students hoping that something I say will stick with them.  I have spent hours praying that I would be able to see something inside of them that showed me that they got it.  Out of all the relationships I have built, I have not been able to see that many "ah ha" moments.  Not saying that they have not happened but I have not been able to see them as much as I would have wanted. 

In the past few weeks, God has blessed me so much with being able to see some of those moments.  I have seen students that came in to our ministry with the hardest heart towards God, turn their life over and worship Him with lifted hands.  I have gotten to dry the tears of girls that finally open up to me and share some of the things that are going on.  I have gotten to read messages from parents telling me how much I mean to their students.  It has truly been a gift from God.  I feel like I have finally gotten to see some of the harvest from the seeds that I have planted. 

So many times we go into ministry ready to work and ready to see instant rewards.  But that is not always what God gives us.  Sometimes we don't ever see the rewards.  Sometimes we just need to be content with planting the seeds and hoping that somebody waters them.  

That is what I am praying for today.  I am praying that I can be content with leaving and not being able to see the harvest of some seeds I have planted.  I am also praying that when I start my new chapter I will be patient and not get discouraged if I don't see results quickly. 

Prayer Requests: 
Please continue to pray that my visa comes quickly and that everything goes smoothly. 

Pray that my finances continue to get in order. Pray that I can get supporters that would like to partner with me and support me each month. 

Pray for my students that I am leaving behind. Pray that God raises up leaders that will build new relationships with them and continue the work that God is doing in them. 


Thank you for the support! 
Callie

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest Gallery

Like us

Tweet Tweet

Instagram Shots

Search This Blog

Back
to top