Christmas time is here....

Christmas is a comin and the goose is getting fat!  I can't believe it is almost here.  Another year has gone by and so much has changed.  For the first time in my 22 years of living I will not be going home the week before Christmas and I will certainly not be enjoying a 3 week break from school.  Yep that is right folks...I am an adult.  UGH!

For the first time in my life I sent Christmas cards out to everyone.  Over the Thanksgiving Holiday I got my mom to take a picture of me and Emmett.  It turned out so cute and everyone that I sent them to has told me how great they were.  Sending Christmas cards is great but I will tell you that receiving Christmas cards is even better.  We are up to about 5 cards now and every time I get one I feel more at home and more grown up.  It is a great feeling.

This Christmas I will be traveling home on Christmas Eve.  That part of the Holidays is still new to me.  I have always been home about a week or so before Christmas and I have certainly never had to pre-purchase and pre-wrap all of my Christmas presents.  I even bought my FIRST role of Christmas wrapping paper.  Do you know how difficult it was to pick out paper?  There are so many to choose from.  How is a person supposed to pick their favorite?  Then you have to remember to get name tags as well as tape and boxes.  It is a nightmare to have to remember all of this stuff.  That is why I was so lucky to have my mom at home with me every year so that I could just go and steal her stuff. : )

But never-the-less I will be filling my truck with packages, my dog and a wonderful family of 3.  I have the pleasure of inviting one of my friends and her 2 kids to come home with me for Christmas.  I am so excited to get to open up my home to them and show them all around my hometown.  My parents are very excited and we have so much planned.  The car ride will be interesting since my 80lb German Shepherd usually insists on taking up the entire back seat but we will make it work.

I am so blessed this Christmas Season.  I have a wonderful job, wonderful family, wonderful friends and a wonderful church home.  I could not ask for anything more this year.  God has truly poured out His blessings on my life and I am so excited to see what will be in store for 2012.

Now to leave you with a little Christmas Cheer.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLfetb55O8o

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest Gallery

Like us

Tweet Tweet

Instagram Shots

Search This Blog

Back
to top