A season for change...

I have been needing to write an update on life for so long but I have been putting it off mostly because I had no idea where my journey would lead.  I have been keeping a pretty big secret for a few months now from most of my friends and family but now is the time when I can finally share my news with everyone!

Are you ready????

..........

..........

..........

I have been accepted to PAIS Great Britain!!!!!  Ahhhhh.  Now I know most of you are going "What the heck is PAIS Great Britain?"  Well let me tell you.

PAIS Project is a program that was started by Paul Gibbs in England.  I had the pleasure of meeting Paul a year and a half ago while I was in Brazil.  The project started mostly because of Paul's childhood and the terrible bullying that he encountered.  He wanted to stop the nonsense and create a mission that was focused on mentoring youth and making missionaries.  It all boils down to that.  Missionaries making Missionaries.  Young adults from all over are going to several different countries, going into the schools and building relationships with students.

So what does it mean that I got accepted?

I have been going through a process since October.  I submitted the application along with several recommendations and a brief video describing why I wanted to be on PAIS.  You can see that video here.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQhnLuf3JwI HUGE shout out to Sam (Bartholomew) Wardell for shooting my video.  Once my application and video were received I started the interview process.  It was a long period of waiting but finally I got the email stating that I was ready for the next step.

I interviewed via skype with Rob Johnson who is the PAIS USA Director.  The interview was great but it really did force me to take a long hard look at everything inside.  I had to be completely transparent and it was such a strange feeling.  Putting my guard down completely and exposing my struggles was both humbling and freeing.  After the interview was over Rob informed me that I was accepted to PAIS USA...next stop...Great Britain.

That interview was a little less nerve-racking because I knew most of the questions already.  The two girls I met with were so nice and put all of my nerves at ease.  It made me really excited about my potential future.

Well today was the day.  I finally got my final acceptance email.  I am officially moving to Great Britain in August.  Oh my goodness!  Oh my goodness!

I can't even write the emotions that I am feeling right now.  Nerves are sneaking up but my excitement is quickly pushing them back down.  There is so much to do and so little time.  Not only do I need to mentally prepare to move to another country but I also need to start preparing financially, getting my visa and all that other great stuff.

So there is my big secret.  This really is a season of change for my life.  I guess that now my blog is going to be all about my journey on PAIS.  The next 3 years are going to be AMAZING.  Oh yeah I guess I forgot to mention that I signed on for 3 years!  WOoohoo!  Let the missions begin!


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest Gallery

Like us

Tweet Tweet

Instagram Shots

Search This Blog

Back
to top