What about my happy ending????

My best friend Jennifer makes fun of me all the time because I HATE movies with a bad ending.  You know the ones that just stop and don't fill in the rest of the blanks?  I want to know EVERYTHING about the characters lives including their happy ending.  If the boy gets the girl then I want to know did they get married?  Did they have kids?  Are they happy?  Where are they now?  I want no detail left unsaid.  I really hate the ones like Harry Potter when you know they are not making another one and they show you Harry's kid at the end.  WHAT THE HECK??????  Now I want to know which house did he choose?  Is someone trying to kill him all the time?  Does he fall in love?  I just can't handle it.  It actually ruins the whole entire movie for me.

Now before you start thinking that I am crazy hear me out.  I have not always been like this.  I realized that this is something that has just recently been bothering me.  How did I come to this conclusion you ask?  Well I was babysitting the other night and I decided to watch one of my favorite movies...August Rush.  I remember this movie being SOOOO awesome!  I had not seen it in a few years so I did not remember everything...especially the ending.  I sat down, got all cozy and got lost in the music until...THE END!  UGH!!!  That was the worst ending I have seen in a long time.  They just look at each other.  That's it!  Then it's over.

As I sat back in silence I realized that this was one of my favorite movies.  How come the end never bothered me before?  Well here is what I decided.  I have only had this hate for bad movie endings for about 2 years now.  Hmmmm 2 years.  I graduated from college 2 years ago.  Coincidence?  I think not.  I realized that I hate not knowing how everything turns out in a movie because I hate that I don't know how everything turns out in my life.  I don't know what I am going to do when I grow up.  I don't know who I am going to marry.  Will I have kids?  Will I have grandkids?  I have been so worried about the happy ending that I forget to be in the story.  My life is so crazy hectic right now with moving to a foreign country in 3 months that I have gotten myself all worked up in the ending and I am not enjoying the middle.

This chapter of my life is that...just a chapter.  It is not the end of my story.  My story is hopefully quite long.  But my chapter at NORTHchurch is ending for now and a new chapter in Pais GB is starting.  I am so excited for this adventure.  I just need to remember that "maybe it's not about the happy ending, maybe it's about the story."


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest Gallery

Like us

Tweet Tweet

Instagram Shots

Search This Blog

Back
to top