Faith Works YO!

The past month has been a crazy blessed month. I can't even describe some of the things that Jesus is teaching me right now. Probably the biggest thing I am learning right now is faith and how to "use" it properly. I have always thought of having faith but never really thought about using faith until now.

In the past month I have been on a sort of reading frenzy. Seriously I have never read this much in my life. Currently I have completed 5 books in 4 weeks and am currently about 75% done with my 6th book. I have started to slow down just a little on this last one and by that I mean it has taken me a week to read instead of 2 days. I think that I am slowing down a little because this book is rocking my world right now. I am reading the book Believing God by Beth Moore. This is my first Beth Moore book to read. I have done her bible studies and loved all of them but I have never ventured into her books. Well let me tell you...it is a great adventure. I have learned so much in the past week and I am a little sad that I did not find this book earlier.

"Nothing on earth compares to the strength God is willing to interject into lives caught in the act of believing." -Beth Moore Believing God

Come on! Who doesn't get excited when you read something like that? If you don't then you might need to check your pulse. Beth goes on to talk about a 3 step process to practice using faith.

1. Practice raising your shield of faith by repeating the five-statement pledge of faith. The five-statement pledge is so good and for the past week I have been saying it. Here are the statements.

  • God is who He says He is.
  • God can do what He says He can do. 
  • I am who God says I am. 
  • I can do all things through Christ.
  • God's Word is alive and active in me.
2. Increase your personal level of sanctification in a specific way and wear some kind of blue cord as a reminder. Basically this means to think of something you need to add or take away from your life and talk with God about a certain time to do this. Make that promise and then tie a blue cord or string around your bracelet to help you remember. (Numbers 15:37-41)

3. Keep a journal of Godstops- ways that God is making His presence or activity observable. The stop is Godstop actually stands for "savoring the observable presence." Basically write down the little things that you see God in not just the big things. 

I have been practicing using faith for the past week and already so much has happened. I am on Pais Xcel in GB which is a 2 year old team and currently in 2 schools. We have been trying since November to get into more schools. We have called, visited, drop off cookies, visited again and called again only to be promised a phone call back soon except they haven't. 

Well yesterday I was on the phone with 6 new schools trying to talk to the Head Teacher. After talking to 5 of them and getting the usual "leave a message and we will call you back" speech, I dialed the number for the 6th and final school. Before I did I said the five-statements out loud. I said "God you are who you say you are. You can do what you say you can do. I am who you say I am. I can do all things through you. Your word is alive and active in me." I then said "I WILL speak to this head teacher and we WILL have a meeting. When I called a man answered the phone. I asked to speak to Mr. ___ (The HT). He then said "speaking"

AHHH THE HEAD TEACHER ANSWERED THE PHONE! I spoke with him for a while and he asked when we could come in for a meeting. We are meeting with him Wednesday at 10:30am. Please be praying for us.

Also we now have another school signed up for a meeting next week. And this morning while writing this blog on Faith I received ANOTHER phone call from a school that has been the most difficult to get into. We have been very discouraged with this one but alas WE HAVE A MEETING! Ahhh I was so excited I actually let out a scream that I had no idea was coming out. I am pretty sure that was the holy spirit screaming at me saying "see I told you so."

God is so good. God WILL get us into more schools and we WILL change lives!

Please keep having faith and please start to actually USE it. It will change your world.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest Gallery

Like us

Tweet Tweet

Instagram Shots

Search This Blog

Back
to top